Holm & Cawley’s retirement plan services are designed to build a plan platform that serves the unique needs of each client. For new start-up plans, this means ensuring that the plan is set up to meet the specific needs of the client, acting in a fiduciary capacity to the plan, retaining skilled and low costs venders, establishing a menu of quality and low cost funds, and providing regular assistance to ensure the proper management of the plan. For current and on-going plans, this means assessing the current status of the plan and facilitating changes or transfer of the plan to a new platform that allows the client to capture the benefits of a changing industry. This includes maximizing the utility of the plan design, realizing a meaningful decrease in plan costs, and increasing the investment options and services provided to the plan. To this end, our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving a role as fiduciary to plan
- Fee analysis and benchmarking
- Recommendations for plan design and/or modification
- Consultation for selection of vendors including administrators, record keepers, and custodians
- Fund selection & monitoring
- Investment policy development
- Managed Portfolio Models
- Qualified Default Investment Alternatives (QDIA) determination
- Facilitate enrollment of plan participations
- Investment education for plan participations
Do you need assistance with your company retirement plan?
Often times retirement plans get put on auto pilot after they are set up. If your company plan is in such a position, ask yourself the following questions:
- When the last time your plan representative met with you to go over the functionality and investment options in the plan?
- When was the last time you reviewed your plan?
- Does the plan have an Investment Policy Statement?
- When was the last time your fund lineup was updated?
- What are the costs (direct and indirect) of your company’s plan?
- What is your plan for ensuring the adequacy of the plan in the future?
- Are you comfortable that your management efforts are satisfying your fiduciary obligations to the plan?
If you are unable or are unsatisfied with the answer to these questions, don’t keep your plan on autopilot. Contact us today for an initial consultation. Let Holm & Cawley be an advocate for you and your plan!